Last Updated: June 21, 2018
If you reside in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, please see the section below titled “Supplemental Notice to EU Data Subjects,” which contains information about your rights and how to contact us.
Types of Personal Data We Collect and How We Use It
- Request Data: The Site allows you to request more information about, and request a free trial of, our Services, and in connection with such request you are required to provide your name, your email address, and your company name. In addition, our website will generate metadata associated with your request. We will process your Request Data to respond to your request. We may also process Request Data for the purposes of marketing, offering, and selling our Services to you.
- Account Data: In order to obtain certain Services from us, you will be required to create an account and provide us with certain information, which may include your name, email address, company name, company address, and telephone number. We will process your Account Data for the purpose of providing our Services, providing notifications to you, ensuring the security of our Site and Services, and communicating with you.
- Transaction Data: If you enter into a transaction to purchase Services from us, you will be required to provide payment information (such as credit/debit card or bank account information) and payment contact information. We will process Transaction Data for the purpose of processing your payment to us and providing the purchased Services to you.
- Services Data: If you obtain Services from us, we may collect and maintain information pertaining to the Services you obtain and your use of the Services, including the type of Services, license fees, data sources (i.e., websites), ad network partners and ads they deliver to your websites. We may process Services Data for the purpose of providing the Services to you, for improving or modifying our Services, and for record-keeping purposes.
- Communications Data: If you communicate with us via email, we may collect the email address used to communicate with us, the content of the communication, and any metadata associated with the communication. We may process Communications Data for the purpose of communicating with you, responding to requests you may make in such communications, for the purposes of marketing, offering, and selling our Services to you, and for record-keeping purposes.
- Usage Data: When you use our Site, we automatically collect information about your use of the Site. This information is collected in the form of server log files. The information we collect includes the name of any webpage and/or file accessed by you, the date and time of access, the duration of access, the amount of data transferred, the type of web browser used by you to access the Site, device type, device ID, your operating system, the referring URL (of the previous page linking to our Site), and your IP address. We process Usage Data for the purpose of analyzing the use of the Site, including how the Site is used and who uses it, and to improve the quality and relevance of the Site to users.
- We may process your personal data for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims. The legal basis for such processing is our legitimate interests, namely, the protection of our legal rights.
- Additionally, we may also process your personal data where it is necessary to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation to which Ad Lightning is subject, including valid subpoenas and court orders.
Some of the personal data collected automatically is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies (such as pixel tags and web beacons) utilized by Ad Lightning and third parties that provide certain services to Ad Lightning. Cookies are small text files containing a string of numbers and letters. Two types of cookies are utilized in connection with our Site and Services: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are used to recognize your device during a single visit and are automatically removed when your Web browser is closed. Persistent cookies are sent to your Web browser and then stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- to identify you when you visit the Site and as you navigate the Site;
- to help us to determine if you are logged into the Site;
- to store information about your preferences and to personalise the Site and Services for you;
- for security measures to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect the Site and Services generally; and
- to help us to analyse the use and performance of the Site and Services.
Most Web browsers have settings that allow you to refuse some or all cookies, and/or to alert you when cookies are being applied.
Please note that if you choose to block cookies, this may impair use of the Site or Services.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal data to third parties as described below:
- We use other third-party service providers to provide services to Ad Lightning, and on behalf of Ad Lightning. These service providers are located (and their servers may be located) in other countries throughout the world. Ad Lightning requires each such service provider to maintain comprehensive privacy and data security policies, and strict compliance with applicable data protection laws.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we have a legal obligation to do so or an applicable law requires such disclosure;
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties that help us to detect, protect against and respond to fraud and security vulnerabilities;
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties where we reasonably believe it necessary to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our business, visitors to our Site, and third parties;
- We may disclose your personal information to those third parties and for such purposes that we describe to you when you provide personal data to us or for which you provide your consent; and
- We may disclose your personal information if ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or we undergo a corporate reorganization (including, but not limited to, a merger or consolidation), the assets of our business, including your personal data, will be shared with the acquiring or new business entity.
We do not sell your personal data to third parties or provide it to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
How We Protect Personal Data
We have implemented commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unlawful or unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of any personal data transmitted to or through our Site. The safety and security of your personal data also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to the Services, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures that we provide. ANY TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Supplemental Notice to EU Data Subjects
Lawful Grounds for Processing Personal Data of Data Subjects
We rely upon the following legal grounds to process Personal Data under the GDPR: (a) your consent; (b) the legitimate interest of Ad Lightning or a third-party; or (c) at your request prior to entering a contract or performance of a contract.
Data Transfer Notice
We use servers located in the United States to process your Personal Data. By accessing our Site and Services you transfer your Personal Data to the United States for processing in the United States. Under the GDPR, the transfer of Personal Data to a country outside the EU may take place where the European Commission has determined that the country ensures an adequate level of protection. The transfer of your Personal Data to the United States in the absence of an adequacy decision by the European Commission is made because it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or with your explicit consent.
Individual Rights and Data Subject Requests
If you are an EU resident and we process your Personal Data, you may exercise certain rights, described below, under the GDPR.
In order to exercise any of the rights described below, please contact us at email@example.com and provide specific and detailed information about your request necessary for us to respond to and carry out your request.
We will endeavor to address your request within 30 days from receipt, but in some instances it may take longer. We will inform you within 30 days from receipt of your request if an extension is necessary and the reason for the delay.
- You may object to processing: you may object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities).
- You may obtain access to your Personal Data: you may obtain access to your Personal Data that we process.
- You may request rectification: if you believe any Personal Data we process is incorrect or incomplete, you may request that we correct it.
- You may request deletion of your Personal Data: under certain conditions, you may request that we remove or delete your Personal Data, for example if there is no legitimate reason for us to continue processing it. We may retain certain Personal Data to keep a record of our compliance with your request.
- You may restrict our processing of your Personal Data: you may request that we cease further processing of your Personal Data. If you make such a request, we may continue to store your Personal Data but will not make further use of it.
- You may withdraw consent: if we are relying on consent as the lawful ground to process your Personal Data, you may withdraw your consent for such processing at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon your consent before it is withdrawn.
In addition to the above rights, you may submit a complaint about our processing of your Personal Data to your national data protection regulator.
Retention of Personal Data
Pursuant to the GDPR, we will permanently erase your Personal Data at such time there is no lawful basis or legal obligation for us to store or process the Personal Data.
Our Site and Services are not intended for persons under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from persons under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided us with personal data without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a person under 18 years of age has provided us with personal data, we will delete such information from our systems.