Ad Lightning is hiring a Solutions Engineer to join one of the first startups out of Pioneer Square Labs. We’re on a mission to improve ad quality across the digital advertising ecosystem. Our tools give publishers and exchanges the insight and control they need to manage programmatic creative, eliminate bad ads, and maximize ROI. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a rapidly growing business, utilize leading edge technology, and make meaningful contributions to the customer lifecycle.
What you'll be doing:
As Solutions Engineer you will be contributing to both our operations and product development teams. With Sales, you will be the first line of defense for technical needs assessment and integration discussions during the sales process. With Partner Success, you will help activate new accounts and deliver best-in-class service ensuring partners launch quickly and with few technical headaches. On the product development side, you will collaborate with product management and the engineering team to bring customer insights into the product development lifecycle ranging from feature definition, roadmap prioritization and documentation.
Day-to-day you will work directly with internal teams as well as clients to:
- Manage technical relationships with all players of the ad tech ecosystem including Publishers, SSP’s, DSP’s and Ad exchanges.
- Be the single point of contact as the ADL technical specialist during sales conversations, integration testing and post-sales support
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Participate in pre-sales web demonstrations for prospective customers
- Perform post-sales deployment, configuration, and customization
- Work closely with product management and engineering to be the voice of the customer and to report product performance by providing detailed & timely product feedback and feature requests to product management.
What you'll need to succeed:
We are looking for high performers who can get things done in a fast moving, high-intensity start-up environment. The Solutions Engineer should have created significant impact and grown rapidly in previous roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 2-3 years' experience in a tech ops or ad ops role at an online media company or digital advertising provider with experience in one or more of the following: programmatic, SSP, DSP, ad server or audience data products.
- Experience in enterprise software and SaaS products. Start-up experience is a big plus.
- A passion to delight customers on a daily basis.
- A solid business acumen with an understanding of customer needs, business goals, competitive pressures, and the ability to convert those into product requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact with both sales and technical types.